Of all people Mr Ramaphosa should know better not to make such an uninformed statement.
The truth is:
- Black South Africans control economic and fiscal policy;
- They control the state’s 35% share of the economy;
- They own the 10% represented by the informal sector;
- According to the JSE they own a higher percentage of the stock market than whites;
- The ANC should have learned from its gross mismanagement of the parastatals that capturing the economy is now so easy as capturing the state. Parastatals account for a significant part of the economy that it has already captured, but they still want to blame the whites for their failures.